Irudeniyaya Farmers collaborative meeting at Valagambapura society hall
Organized by VIMUKTHI farmer organization. and Praja Sansadaya.
* VIMUKTHI farmer organization leaders and members
*Kattanberiya yaya farmer leaders.
*Irudaniyaya farmer leaders.
*Pothuwil yaya farmer leaders.
*Babaragala yaya farmer leaders.
*Mahapitiyayaya farmer leaders
*Leaders of Praja sansadaya
*NAFSO and Praja abilasha network members
All together more than 60 farmers and women participated
Objective of the meeting
01. To identify the present situation of the Issues which they work out
*Struggle for getting ownership of the land.
*To bring the elephant human coexistence
02. Farmers have gone to the court case to get their land rights. Find out the situation.
03. To plan out advocacy campaign for main two issues.
*We lost our hope because we have met political leaders and authorities many times but we did not get positive actions from them.
*They critically analyze the present political situation.
-We vote this government .So we have right challenge them to get our rights.
- Most of the ministers and parliamentary leaders promised to solve our problems but they said to the administrative follow the rules .That mains they have two faces.
-They give more attentions for their benefits. So we have to give up day by day our area.
- We lost the justice from the judiciary.
*They felt lack of empowerment of the farmers.
-We have more than 3000 farmer families but when we work for our right only few joint for the process.
-Unity of the farmers were very limited
-Secondary leadership was not come out
-We did many activities but we did not have on going process for the campaign.
Decision for the advocacy campaign
- Conduct the framer organizations leaders meeting for the plan out and finalize the campaign process within a week.[ Responsibility –Vimukthi farmer leaders, Bandara,and Aberathnawith Praja sansadaya ]
-To meet Ministry of wild life Mr.Chandrasekara personally in his house.[Respo- Mr Bandara ]
-To get the appointment to meet President Mahinda Rajapaksha
-To continue the court case and plan to get financial support from the CSO
-Continue dialogue with authorities.
-Start the pocket meting in each village in next month.
- Plan national level protest in Colombo.
They ask support from the NAFSO and PRAJAABILASHA. Laksiri Fernando and Priyankra costa participate that meeting